Speech-language therapy is the treatment of kids with speech and/or language disorders.
A speech disorder refers to a problem with the actual production of sounds, whereas a language disorder refers to a difficulty understanding or putting words together to communicate ideas.
Specializing in Diagnosis and Treatment of:
- Speech and Language Disorders
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Developmental Language Disorders
- Developmental Speech Disorders (articulation)
- Speech and Language Disorders related to Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Language Based Learning Disorders
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Non-verbal Communication Disorders
- Neurogenic Communication Disorders
- Phonological Disorders
- Pragmatic / Social Language Issues
- Cognitive Deficits related to TBI
- Accent Reduction Therapy for Adults
Therapy should begin as soon as possible. Statistics show that early intervention is most effects and tends to have the best outcomes. Older kids make progress in therapy but therapy is directed differently.
Therapy is needed for a variety of reasons. Do not hesitate to call us or set up an appointment